Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Good morning! I hope you have all had a blessed day so far  :) . 

My name is Oni Brewer and I am a stay-at-home mom, wife, full-time college student, caregiver and youth bible study teacher. 

I started as a nursery teacher at our church, Griffith Church of Christ, 2 years ago. I had the pleasure of teaching the birth to 4 year old class. I must admit that I never had more than 3 students at one time, but at that age they are certainly a handful. It is amazing to see that even at such an early age they were able to pick up on songs and stories from the bible. I love to hear about how they shared their own stories with their families outside of church. 

About 2 months ago, 2 of my own children started studying for our area wide bible bowl. I noticed that with everything else going on, we didn't really take the time to study our materials! So I approached the other teachers at church and asked to switch with them. They graciously agreed and I became the youth study teacher for grades 4-7. 

Our area wide bible bowl decided that this year we would study the 12 minor prophets. I was excited because I had never really studied them before and I knew that I would be learning right along with them. I decided that instead of just studying the questions that were given to us, we would study the entire book for that whole month and so on for each book of the minor prophets.

I wanted to make an actual lesson out of the books we were studying so that if other students visited our church they wouldn't feel lost or out of place. I turned to the internet, looking for worksheets, color sheets, anything that would help us in our studies. To my surprise there is very little in the way of children's study guides for these 12 books (with the exception of Jonah).

I then started thinking about all the other mom's that might be looking for this kind of information but might not have the time to do so much research. So I decided that I would create some worksheets, start a blog, and share them with those that wished to study the word of God. 

I found many wonderful webpages that could help me (and you too if you have time and want to create a puzzle). 

The following two are my favorite:

http://puzzlefast.com
http://worksheets.theteacherscorner.net

Anyway, I will be sharing some of these puzzles and worksheets as we progress in our studies and I hope that they are as useful for you as they have been for me.

I welcome any comments, questions or requests and would be happy to help you expand your child's knowledge of God.

Sincerely,
Oni Brewer

P.S. for the month of October we are studying the prophet Jonah :)



No comments:

Post a Comment